Web Designer & Developer • Portland, Oregon
morganshaffer.com • email Morgan
• Master of Fine Arts – The Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), Savannah GA.
• Bachelor of Fine Arts -The Cleveland Institute of Art, Cleveland, OH.
• Fellowship Studies Certificate – The China Academy of Fine Art, Hangzhou China
Sublime Text 2, Adobe Dreamweaver CS6, Adobe Photoshop CS6, WordPress, Adobe Illustrator CS6, Adobe InDesign CS6, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Flash CS6, Adobe Fireworks CS6
• 4/14 – Present: UX/UI Designer/Developer, Seabourne, Portland OR Design and develop interactive dashboards that display graphed data collections for major companies in the U.S. and Australia. Bootstrap 3 frameworks, responsive liquid and adaptive CSS3, HTML5, D3js Seabourneinc.com
• 6/13 – 3/14: Front End Web Developer, Server Logic/Nike Contract, Portland, OR Develop the front end for an internal Nike website which has over 40,000 daily viewers worldwide. Twitter Bootstrap framework with fully responsive liquid and adaptive CSS3 for all desktop and mobile devices. HTML5, CSS, Jade, Jquery, Coffee Script front end pulling data from over 20 international WordPress blogs. ServerLogic.com
• 9/11 – 6/13: Magnolia Development Group, Mandeville, LA – Use Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop and WordPress to design, cut and code custom websites for some of the finest companies in the New Orleans area. Expert at CSS and Responsive Design & Development for Apple iPad, iPhone & Android MagDevGroup.com
• 6/11 – 9/11: Freelance Graphic Designer & Illustrator, GMc+Company Advertising, New Orleans, LA Use Adobe software to create layouts and illustrations for an award winning advertising agency GmcAdvertising.com
• 6/11 – 4/12: Web Designer/Developer, Vanguard Film + Video Productions, New Orleans, LA Use Adobe software to create dynamic websites, logos and illustrations for a creative film and video studio- Vanguardfvp.com
• 5/10 – 4/11: Graphic Design and Marketing Director, Chez Pierre, Tallahassee,FL Use Adobe software to develop print and web media for an award winning full service restaurant ChezPierre.com
• 11/09 – 1/10: Graphic Design Contractor, People-Tec, Huntsville, AL Use Adobe and Microsoft software to develop both digital and printed billboards for Midaess (Missile Defense Agency Engineering and Support Services Contract People-Tec.com
• 10/09 –present: Freelance Web Designer/Developer
Awards and Honors
Certificate of Honor, China Academy of Fine Arts; First Prize Winner and Honorable Mention Winner of The Journey of Discovery in Zhejiang Exhibition of Fine Arts; People’s Republic of China Fellowship Grant; Savannah College of Art and Design Chinese Painting Merit Award; Graduate Presidential Fellowship Savannah College of Art and Design; Robert E. Morrow Scholarship for Excellence in Illustration; Audrey and Harvey Feinberg Scholarship for Excellence in Illustration; Honorary Scholarship, Cleveland Institute of Art; Albert K. Murray Fine Arts Award; Honorary Scholarship, Cleveland Institute of Art; Cleveland Institute of Art Undergraduate Fellowship